Torplan Care Plan
Torplan Care Plan is the dental care plan for The James Main Dental Partnership.
Benefits of the plan include:
- all your routine dental treatment
- payment by convenient monthly direct debit
- discount on treatment fees
- guaranteed registration with the practice and continuing access to your dentist
- early identification of dental problems, to prevent pain, discomfort and inconvenience
- priority bookings in the event of a dental emergency
- appointment times to suit you, whenever possible
- four-year guarantee on any recommended treatments (subject to conditions)
- access to a worldwide 24 hour dental emergency helpline, 365 days a year
- supplementary dental injury and emergency insurance
How do you join our plan?
All new patients wishing to join Torplan need to be assessed as being dentally fit, or made dentally fit, before they can be accepted onto the plan.
You will then be placed in a category ranging from A to E. If any teeth are excluded from the plan you will be informed of this in writing before you start.
Following your dental consultation, you will need to complete a registration form, direct debit mandate and authorisation form. Please ask the receptionist for details at your next visit.
What does the plan include?
As a member of the Torplan Scheme you will pay a monthly amount into the plan and in return, we will look after your dental health including dental check-ups, visiting the dental hygienist, fillings if needed, crown and bridge work.
The plan provides:
- 15 per cent discount on all restorations involving laboratory work, such as crowns, bridges, inlays and dentures (excluding cosmetic or dental implant treatment)
- 10 per cent discount on white fillings, when replacement is not for cosmetic reasons
- 5 per cent discount on all cosmetic and dental implant work
- routine small X-rays
- routine oral cancer screening
- temporary dressings, to tide you over until you can have a permanent solution
- preventative advice on diet and oral hygiene
For further details, download the Torplan leaflet
Torplan for children
The plan is available for children aged 4-12 years at £6.43 per month and aged 13-18 years at £16.12 per month. Children below the age of four will be seen without charge when attending with a family member registered at the practice but will not be covered by the supplementary insurance.
The other benefits of being a Torplan member are:
- you can walk into any Main Dental Partners practice and receive any emergency treatment as required
- if you move out of the area and there is a Main Dental Partners practice near you, you will be able to register without having to be re-assessed. You will receive the same benefits at your new practice
If you have any questions about our dental care plan, please contact our reception team.